E-Learning for Canadian Model v.6.0
The BCA is pleased to be a partner in the Understanding our Canadian Model online course. This course is administered and supported by BuildForce Canada and utilizes their E-Learning centre for course delivery. The BCA is a distributor of PINs required to complete registration for the online course.
The course provides a comprehensive understanding of how to manage all aspects of the Canadian Model and will benefit frontline leadership and individuals administering an alcohol and drug policy. The curriculum was designed to support the Canadian Model for Providing a Safe Workplace – v.6.0 (published July 1, 2018).
After completing the program, participants will be able to:
- Describe the extent of alcohol and drug use in the workplace.
- Explain the Alcohol and Drug Work Rule.
- Identify behaviours related to substance abuse.
- Investigate and document alcohol and drug related performance problems.
- Advise workers on how they can obtain assistance.
- Decide whether to refer employees for appropriate testing.
- Describe testing procedures and know your role in the process.
- Respond to failure to comply with the Work Rule and the procedures for re-employment.
Ontario has adopted v.6.0 of the Canadian Model. All other provinces are still using V.5 at this point in time.