BCABEAP / RSAP
BCABEAP (BCA Alberta Assistance Program)
Effective May 1, 2015 the BCA of Alberta has begun the administration of the BCABEAP (Boilermaker Contractors’ of Alberta Employee Assistance Program). Individuals working under the IBB Local 146 / BCA of Alberta collective agreement were formerly participants in the CLR-A CEFAP. To ensure a seamless transition, the eligibility requirements and elements of the BCABEAP are unchanged.
BCABEAP is funded by Boilermaker contractor remittances on a per hour worked basis.
The BCABEAP Consists Of:
Substance Abuse Expert (SAE) Assessment
- Arise in respect to a breach of the Canadian Model or a reference pursuant to 4.2.3(c)(iii) of the Canadian Model
- Only from a referral, diagnoses and recommendations shared with the referring party, whether an employer, or a case manager, or IBB Local 146 authorized by the BCA of Alberta to refer a client
- What to expect from SAE Assessment (PDF Document)
Employee and Family Assistance Services
- Comprehensive services initiated by the client
- A direct and private relationship between the client and counselor
BCABEAP Clients Are Defined As:
- An employee of a participating employer affected by the IBB Local 146 / BCA of Alberta collective agreement requiring BCABEAP compliance, or a voluntary participation agreement with the BCABEAP.
- A person affected by an agreement entered into by a multi-employer benefit plan with CEFAP.
- A spouse or common law partner of a person defined in (i) or (ii) above.
- A dependent child of a person defined in (i) or (ii) above.
- A person respecting whom the BCABEAP Administrator has confirmed to the Provider as deemed eligible.
RSAP (Rapid Site Access Program)
RSAP is a voluntary program where unionized construction and maintenance workers in Alberta gain access to participating industrial work sites without pre-access drug and alcohol testing in exchange for their agreement to be random tested while at work.
BCABEAP Alcohol & Drugs Policy Violation Referral Form
For assistance, please contact Sara Scott (905-684-2244) at the BCA. Please fill in the form below.
All fields with asterisks (*) are required.